so much to say

I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask 'em where they are going and hook up with 'em later.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

damnit....

Well, hello. Its been a while, I know. I am on an emotional teeter-totter these days, things just don't seem to be going my way. When it rains it pours...and my ceiling can vouch for me. Yes, my ceiling... Right now I can say my biggest gripe right now is the fact that I have a damn near brand new roof and the assholes who did the work must have slept, or smoked crack (or both) most the way through the job. I can't even begin to describe the rage I hold for these jerks who, fortunately for them, shall remain nameless. A huge selling point for the house we bought was the fact that it needed little to no work (other than cosmetics)--a 6 year old roof, 25 year warranty on the shingles...yay, right? Not when there is shit underneath it. Wednesday (actually Thursday morning) at about 4 am, I woke up to drip drip ping click, drip drip ping click coming from my husband's closet. I checked it out and found his ceiling caving in and rain dripping in from all around this hole. So the deal is that we have poor craftsmanship under our shingles...the step flashing was put on all wrong and is causing water to leak in under it. A contractor suggested to call our insurance company confident they would cover at least some of the damage. So we became hopeful and took the advice. That was no help. We were told that all this damage was a result of years of leakage and they couldn't cover it because it was not a recent incident from outside damage. So now we have to fork over every last penny its going to cost to replace our entire roof, as I am confident that is not our only leak. We even went to the lengths of calling the incompetent asses who cut corners 8 years ago with this roof, and wouldn't you know there is a 10 year warranty on their work, but lucky for them, its non-transferable to a new owner. Not to mention how fucking rude this guy I spoke with was towards me. So they can guarantee their work as long as you don't sell your house? Cheap if you ask me. Hell, car companies don't even do that and I think they are the cheapest bastards out there. So, now we have this gaping hole in our house and rain is in the forecast for like the next freaking decade. I don't like getting screwed as a consumer. I'd like to believe that there is some kind of company or an organization out there protecting poor unsuspecting saps like myself against rapists as mentioned previously, but I just haven't been so lucky to find them. Any suggestions? Can anyone give me an answer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home