so much to say

I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask 'em where they are going and hook up with 'em later.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

someone tell my husband to play this at my funeral

There is this singer dude I really like. His name is James Blunt. I am sure most of you have heard his song "beautiful"...yeah...I don't condone stalking, but this song is one good thing that came out of a bad, creepy habit. At any rate, he wrote a song that is on the same album the messed up stalker song is on. Its called "Goodbye My Lover" and it is seriously depressing. Odd that I want to share it, but I think its hauntingly beautiful. Can those 2 go together? Well, its touching. Stirs emotions...

Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown? Ok...not quite sure if this is creepy too....like
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun, he had some unnatural obcession with a
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won. girl and it went to far??? But the rest of
So I took what's mine by eternal right. the song is good. I swear.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you. Wow....my heart was blinded by you? {MELT}
I've kissed your lips and held your head.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you. Addicted? Again, kinds creepy, but thats WAY beyond
Goodbye my lover.Goodbye my friend. a crush... perfect lyrics.
You have been the one.You have been the one for me.
I am a dreamer but when I wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me,
Remember us and all we used to be
I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.
I've watched you sleeping for a while.
I'd be the father of your child. Yikes.... having to say these things after a lover
I'd spend a lifetime with you. has passed...tragic.
I know your fears and you know mine.
We've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you, I swear that's true.
I cannot live without you. Cliche, but a very emotional line in the song.
Goodbye my lover.Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.You have been the one for me.
And I still hold your hand in mine.
In mine when I'm asleep.
And I will bear my soul in time, So is he saying he is going to act on his feeling of
When I'm kneeling at your feet. inabliltiy to live without her? He just wants to
Goodbye my lover.Goodbye my friend. hold the bitch's hand again!! DAMN!!!
You have been the one.You have been the one for me.
I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow.I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow. Hollow. No better word. Just
completely freaking empty. holy
shit.

This song floored me. I am still not too sure the exact meaning of it, and James Blunt says its much too personal for him to reveal. He was hesitant in releasing the song in the first place. Rumors are all over, that its about a girlfriend dying during childbirth, others that its just about a lover dying.... but it still has its creepy elements. And knowing that he stalked an ex girlfriend...well, not to say that he actually acted on it, but maybe he thought a Romeo and Juliet scenario would work out for them. Together only in death? Hmmmmm.... Seriously, find the track and listen though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that this song is just to so very sad. I cry everytime I listen to it. Mistakes made, a love lost. Words that should/could have been said to a lover, but never verbalized. I feel the same sadness when listening to "Send in the Clowns" from Stephen Sondheim's Broadway play "A Little Night Music". Perhaps I'll request this be played at my funeral.

Isn't it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air.
Send in the clowns.

Isn't it bliss?
Don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around,
One who can't move.
Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,
Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
Sure of my lines,
No one is there.

Don't you love farce?
My fault I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns.
Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?
Isn't it queer,
Losing my timing this late
In my career?
And where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns.
Well, maybe next year.

April 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home