so much to say

I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask 'em where they are going and hook up with 'em later.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

the incerdible inedible cake


So I thought just a little advertising for myself wouldn't be a bad thing. And where better to do it than on my blog. I seem to be picking up a lot of orders lately and have been considering launching a business.
Diaper cakes. A lot of people have never seen one, some have never even heard of them. Its really a simple concept that takes some creativity and an eye for coordinating colors and themes. There are quite a few sites online that sell this product for some serious cash, and the merchandise used to create their cakes doesn't appear to be the highest of quality. Every cake I have made so far has been an original, no two the same. I am debating whether I should offer 3 standard cakes: girl, boy and neutral. That takes the fun out of making them for me though. I like to see each one turn out different than the rest. The cake pictured above was made for one of my very close friends. There are 128 diapers, and over 50 items on the cake. I have made cakes with Iitems purchased off a registry, or themes for a nursery. They are great gifts for baby showers, baptisms, hospital visit gifts etc.
My "standard" cake is a 3 tier cake. It holds 56 size one diapers, as well as 15-20 items to "decorate" the cake. These items range from blankets, towels, washcloths, burp cloths, rattles, teething rings, stuffed toys, socks, booties, etc. Generally, my "standard" cakes cost $80. Give or take some items, I can tailor a cake for whatever dollar amount a person would want to spend. Each cake also comes with a card with a poem on the outside and the "ingredients" of the cake on the inside.

Here is one of my girly cakes.






Here is one of my boy cakes.








Interested?? E-mail sweetcheekgift@aol.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS CAKE!!! I was the lucky person to receive the cake as a gift and i have to say it was probably the most thoughtful gift I received at my shower and I will have jen make this for me for any baby showers I go to in the future! It had SOOOOO much cool stuff in it. It was really funt o go through and see all the surprises too!!!! Thanks again jen for the cake. I absolutley LOVED IT!!!!!

March 21, 2006  
Blogger JRo said...

no problem... i have to thank everyone who went in and donated funds, cuz it wouldn't have been as great without their contributions!!!

March 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home